Spring is in the air so it is time to love yourself that little bit more. Here are our tips on ways to nourish your soul and win your day.
1. Set an intention for the month! Pull a card for today. We love our Soul Whispers deck by Dreamy Moons.
2. Put on a piece of jewellery to set the tone of your day. We are currently loving our Rose Quartz dainty necklace in yellow gold and wear it over your heart.
3. Journal 3 things you are grateful for and write down a goal as if it has already happened. Feel it, see it, hear it, smell it.... make it big bright and expansive! We love writing in the Magic of I journals. (The 2022 planner is coming soon to Soul Quartz too!)
4. Nourish your body with love filled body oil and natural perfume - we love our Aphrodite crystal infused perfume and Self love body oil from Bopo.
5. Go for a walk outdoors. Get some sun and feel the warmth nourish your body.
6. Light some incense and clear the air. Start the day feeling fresh and motivated.
7. Stand in front of the mirror and look into your eyes and tell yourself 3 things you love about yourself.
- Create SPACE.... Is there anything that you are still carrying that can be let go of today before the eclipse in a few hours? A great way to do this is jump in the bath and allow your body to SOAK! Have you tried our stunning bath soaks yet? They smell and look beautiful and are also eco friendly. We higly recommend this during the days following the eclipse too. Click here to shop our bath collection
- Grab your favourite journal and write down your goals. See them, feel them, hear them. Who is there? What does it look like? Are you looking out of your own eyes? Write it all down in detail! Our mini Magic of I journals are the perfect size for writing out your goals. Isn’t it pretty incredible how much magic we can create simply by writing pen to paper! If you want to amplify the energy of your goals then holding a piece of clear quartz is the an excellent option! Shop journals now
Be present with yourself! Yes you heard me. Turn off those notifications, breathe, light a candle and lather yourself with luxe body oils. Find the present in the presence. This is full integration time. Allow yourself to be and you might be amazed at what you see. Treat yourself with our skincare collection
1. Celebrating our Team
Our core team at Soul Quartz are Tegan, Tahlia, Franchesca and Jess who are strong, intentional and powerful woman. If you have ever visited our store or an event over the years, you would have welcomed lovingly by one of us, or at least Tegan, right!
Many of you have been following us for a while now and will know that we started out as a jewellery label (almost 6 years ago - July is our birthday!!) Now we have a destination boutique in Noosa supporting about 30 small batch and ethical Female lead brands!
By now you will know how welcoming our team are, making it a welcoming environment online and in Noosa! Caring about you feeling amazing when you visit us so you have the most magical experience and take home the most stunning treasures!
2. Celebrating our brands
Our ethos is to support female lead brands with soul and heart. We love our brands and our founder, Tegan Mel, only brings in brands she absolutely LOVES! The importance of supporting local Australian labels means we can empower and inspire woman in our community to create amazing brands as well as supporting their families.
3. Celebrating YOU
What makes our brand so amazing is the community that surrounds us, don't you agree! We LOVE that you sit in the same intention as us and make a huge impact by supporting us as a brand AND as creating the most amazing connections when we get to meet you in person.
We love you and thank you for being part of Soul Quartz!
Click here to shop our core Soul Quartz jewellery range to help you stay more connected to your true beauty!
xx Tegan and the SQ team
Tegan here. I know how stressful the world feels at the moment (especially for small businesses like ours) so firstly, I want to check in see how you are!
As you know, we support small batch brands in our business, brands that could potentially be greatly impacted by the COVID-19 virus. I want to bring up the topic of supporting small businesses right now.
For those in isolation or social distancing, it can be an amazing opportunity to pause from daily life, especially when you can work from home. However for the self employed including your local shops, cafes, yoga studios, event businesses and many other small labels and designers, isolation can have a big impact on them. We want all our favourite small businesses to come out the other side!
So what can you do?
Think outside the box!
10 Ideas on how to support small businesses
1. Is there someone who isn't well that you can post a gift to? You might even be able to get the shop to post directly to them - I know we do that for people!
2. Can you support an online event?
3. Order online from your favourite local shop to help support you if you are in isolation.
4. Keep your membership going at your local yoga studio (even if you are in isolation). Many studios rely on memberships to stay a float!
5. If you were going to buy something from a larger shop, can you order from a local or small business?
6. Ask the question, before you spend the money, who is this going to?
7. if you are well and not in isolation, go support your local cafe or restaurant! If you can't leave the house, you could always get delivery from your local business or get someone to bring you take away!
8. Looking for food supplies? Look local before going to the larger supermarket chains (which look like they are bonkers right now anyway)
9. Check out facebook groups (eg Like Minded Bitches) for lists of local businesses for you to support. I know there are lots of posts going around about this.
10. Write a positive review for a business you love on google or facebook and/or re-share one of their posts to your friends!
What can you do to keep your wellness and immune system strong?
- Yoga at home (give it a go, or use one of the many online classes like Alive Yogi)
- 10 deep belly breaths
- go outside into the sun
- use essential oils to support your wellbeing
- wash your hands with soap
- Call a friend and check in on them if they are in isolation
- go into nature!
- sit with your crystals
- write down daily gratitudes
If you are not well or in isolation and want to still support the small businesses then please order online. While Australia post is still running please make the most of this to continue to support your favourite brands.
When you support small businesses like ours during a time like this you are keeping them a float so they will still be in business in the future. You are also circulating money into the community and keeping your favourite brands alive.
To help you support our business as well as all the small businesses we stock and support, we are offering you free express shipping on all your orders over $50. (Australia wide only)
Use this code at checkout for free express shipping:
We are offering our free express shipping until 11:59pm Friday 20th March AEST
We are in this together, so think with foresight and lift each other up.
Love Tegan and the Soul Quartz team.
Tegan, founder of Soul Quartz talks about her journey and creating a soulful business that empowers woman in many ways.
What was life like before Soul Quartz and how did you start?
I started Soul Quartz as a jewellery label 5 years ago with a huge passion for crystals, energy work and making beautiful pieces that would act as healing treasures. I wanted to empower woman to tap into their intuition while wearing beautiful crystal jewellery as reminders of their own inner strength, worthiness, purpose and kindness to themselves.
I grew up in Melbourne and was a travel agent for 8 years. As a typical Sagittarius, I was always on the move (I still am). At last count I have been to 64 countries and many of those multiple times! To ground a little I started getting Kinesiology sessions which was my introduction to energy work. Inspired by the Liquid Crystals that she incorporated into her sessions, I wanted to learn more! I did my Reiki 1 & 2 and then moved to Sydney to do a diploma of Energetic Healing and meditation. The gateway opened!
I started making wire jewellery out of crystals from the local crystal shop (sorry to all my friends who had my first pieces!).
Before Soul Quartz I had a resin jewellery business which lasted a very short time, but ignigted my love for jewellery making. As a child I LOVED making jewellery out of beads so it has always been there. It was very experimental and fun.
It was very experimental and fun!
I moved to Brissie after my course to move in with my man. When I was there I decided to start doing local markets with the jewellery I was making, that is where Soul Quartz began! I was still working as a Travel Agent so it was still a side gig. In June I decided to leave the travel biz and put my energy into Soul Quartz. Shortly after that I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. For the next 6 months I went on a huge healing journey, whilst still making jewellery (of course). I am healthy now, but it was a big healing process of throwing everything at it. This is a story for another time, but my crystals helped and supported me a lot (I even took a piece of Smoky and Amethyst Elestial Quartz into surgery (they put it in a bag and taped it to my gown!).
The best bit was while I was recovering in hospital I was let go from my part time receptionist job. This was the catalyst for going full time in Soul Quartz. It is amazing the path that leads the way. Something that could seem like a block at the time, could be your biggest opportunity.
It is amazing the path that leads the way. Something that could seem like a block could be your biggest opportunity!
I stepped up and started going to every market I could get into, aiming to really get momentum with my business! 4am starts in the rain and dark, windy days (my marquee flew away once...), big crowds, no crowds; lots of ups and downs with markets. Designer markets, spiritual markets, local food markets I loved it. Creating a beautiful space and chatting to people made my heart happy.
You now have a bricks and mortar shop, how did you go from local markets to that?
I took a chance and started doing huge music festivals. Invested everything and had a BIG vision. My crystal crowns started out as a new product for my first Splendour in the Grass! They came about through trial and error. I started putting fairy lights in the crowns on day 2 of my first Splendour when I saw someone selling fairy lights and decided to wrap them in my crown; everyone wanted a glowing crown, so I went and bought all their lights. They were huge hit and became one of my statement pieces for my festival years!
For about 3 years I did Splendour in the Grass, Byron Bluesfest, Byron Spirit Fest, Woodford Folk Festival plus more. I loved decking out the space and creating something really special, more like a bohemian crystal space where people could come and connect, rather then just a market stall. I loved it.
I loved decking out the space and creating something really special, more like a bohemian crystal space where people could come and connect, rather then just a market stall.
I had begun to refine my jewellery and the style changed to become more elegant, dainty and boho, so my work became more reflective for designer markets, such as Boho Luxe and Finders Keepers. I began travelling around the country doing these markets as well as the Mind Body Spirit Festival. Another shift and progression of Soul Quartz.
One of my highlights from doing all these amazing events, was the connections! All the talented and beautiful people I have met. I am beyond grateful for the opportunities to meet such stand out humans.
What made you decide open a retail shop?
Opening a boutique had been a dream of mine for about 4 years. My vision was to open a light and bright “non traditional” crystal boutique that showcased my jewellery along with other beautiful brands who I had met along the way.
After doing 5 years of markets, I am honoured to have met so many creative and soulful business woman (and men) who put so much love into their beautiful products.
I wanted to create a space that could also lift up and empower other beautiful brands (co-incidentally they are almost all female owned and run).
Over the years, I visualised the boutique pretty much as it is now. Even having a space big enough to run workshops that align with Soul Quartz.
So one day my partner Matt and I were having a day out in Noosa. We were recommended the cafe Jungle & co by a friend. While sitting there an empty shop caught my eye and my intuition piped up! With absolute great ease, within a couple of weeks, I was opening the shop of my dreams.
I definitely started before I was ready as I was not expecting to open the shop when I did, but I just rolled with my intuition. Say yes and figure it out later is a great motto that has gotten me far!
Say yes and figure it out later is a great motto that has gotten me far!
Why a crystal and yoga boutique?
It is essentially a full expression of myself and the things I love! Yoga is a big part of my life (I am also a yoga teacher) and I wanted to create a space that could be a shop where other yogis like me could find peace and and beautiful and unique treasures.
The space empowers woman to tune into their intuition and practice self care.
Currently almost all the small batch brands we stock in the boutique are from female run small businesses (we have one male run one)! Each of our brands have a story and have been created with conscious intentions for the greater good. You can truely feel that energy when walking into the boutique. It is all about the intentions we create
I truely believe from the bottom of my heart, how important it is to help lift each other up. Let's rise together, when one of us grows, we can all grow and evolve.
What is your advice for someone wanting to start a business?
Start before you are ready! Start by taking some action, maybe that looks like booking a stall at your local market (even if it doesn’t look perfect), build a website (even if it is basic), write down your vision or goals (even if you know they will change)
I used to carry jewellery around with me and when I would start talking about my business I had something to show and sell them. I remember I was visiting family in Melbourne and had a box of jewellery with me and ended up selling a few pieces to some owners of a beautiful cafe! You never know who will say yes, unless you ask!